Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Maximizing Data to Improve Teacher Effectiveness
Thursday, September 1, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
With growing state, federal and national attention on teacher quality, the nation is poised to dramatically influence teacher effectiveness through a spate of policies and practices, particularly those related to teacher preparation, credentialing, evaluation, and educators’ own decision making. With the tremendous progress made in recent years on implementing statewide longitudinal data systems, states have the necessary data to meaningfully inform teacher effectiveness policies. However, as the stakes attached to these policies rise, it is imperative that states ensure a high-quality teacher and student data linkage that can meet these new demands.
On September 1, from 1-4 p.m. in Washington, DC, the Data Quality Campaign will host a national meeting and interactive webcast that will feature leading experts who will discuss states’ current capacity to use data to improve teacher effectiveness, promising practices to ensure a high-quality teacher-student data link, and specific recommendations on how data can inform teacher effectiveness efforts. Participants will also hear from state leaders who have effectively pursued policies that rely on data to improve teacher effectiveness.
• Sarah Almy, Director of Teacher Quality, Education Trust
• Sandi Jacobs, Vice President, National Council on Teacher Quality
• Jane West, Vice President, Policy Programs and Professional Issues, AACTE
• Sara Heyburn, Policy Advisor, Tennessee Department of Education
• Molly Horstman, Assistant Director, Human Capital Office, Louisiana Department of Education
• Ken Wagner, Assistant Commissioner for Data Systems, New York State Education Department
• Chad Aldeman, Policy Advisor in the Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development, US Department of Education
• Michael Gamel-McCormick, Education and Disability Policy Advisor, Senate HELP Committee
• Lindsay Fryer, Professional Staff Member, House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Seats are limited, so register now to secure your space! If you cannot attend in-person, this meeting will also be webcast live; instructions to participate will be sent after registration.
Maximizing Data to Improve Teacher Effectiveness: September 1, 1pm-4pm at the Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
Contact Brennan McMahon at email@example.com with any questions.
When & Where
Data Quality Campaign (DQC)
The Data Quality Campaign (DQC) is a national, collaborative effort to encourage and support state policymakers to improve the availability and use of high-quality education data to improve student achievement. www.dataqualitycampaign.org